Diff fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Because I don't want the mess of dropping the cover and would rather suck the **** out then pull the cover. lol Yes, I'm lazy and don't want to know what I find. lol

Lol lazy, just get a pan and let it drain out for a bit.
Then you can fit the plug.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Lol lazy, just get a pan and let it drain out for a bit.
Then you can fit the plug.

You missed the part of me not wanting to find stuff. :Pshyco:

I may actually pull the pan on the 76 though...after I suck it all out. :idiot:

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
You missed the part of me not wanting to find stuff. :Pshyco:

I may actually pull the pan on the 76 though...after I suck it all out. :idiot:

Don't suck it out, just drain it out on yourself then run around and offer $20 to anyone that can grab you.

(Think of greased up deaf guy from family guy)

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ahhhh, leave it in there. Ignorance is Bliss.

I can't tell you how many things worked worse after I broke it open after many years of neglect for some good, quality 'routine maintenance'.

There is some magical point in a mechanical beings life that once past, you just leave it alone.

It was mentioned before, but I couldn't tell you how many rear ends are out there on older cars (long before good syn fluids) that ran their entire lives without ever being cracked open. I've seen this in personal cars, and many, many more cases back in my "junkyard crawling" days, looking at driveline parts and odometer readings. *Remember when you didn't need a battery and a key to check a vehicle's odometer? Hahaha.

Anywoo good luck. And I got $20 on you that no one can hang on!

:grd:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Don't suck it out, just drain it out on yourself then run around and offer $20 to anyone that can grab you.

(Think of greased up deaf guy from family guy)
lmao
I did that once with ATF.

I can't tell you how many things worked worse after I broke it open after many years of neglect for some good, quality 'routine maintenance'.

There is some magical point in a mechanical beings life that once past, you just leave it alone.

It was mentioned before, but I couldn't tell you how many rear ends are out there on older cars (long before good syn fluids) that ran their entire lives without ever being cracked open. I've seen this in personal cars, and many, many more cases back in my "junkyard crawling" days, looking at driveline parts and odometer readings. *Remember when you didn't need a battery and a key to check a vehicle's odometer? Hahaha.

I think that might be a good idea for folks with the Dodge LSDs in their rear ends. :Pshyco:

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6

My moms car is a 2002 Dodge Intrepid (funny enough, made in Canada with DRLs) and never had ANY maintenance done it other then oil changes. Car still runs with no real problems other then her alt being replaced twice now with 100k+ miles on the car.

Maybe I should just tell her to leave it alone. lol!

lmao
I did that once with ATF.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. Not sure why but nope, was it fun at least covered in ATF?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. Not sure why but nope, was it fun at least covered in ATF?

Half covered. lol Bolt slipped out and I dumped a 1/4 of the pan on my right shoulder and the drive way. lol And no, it wasn't fun. That shirt smelled like ATF for at LEAST 5 washings.