dual gas tank setups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Ok i had this idea......i know alot of you guys dont like my ideas but ima share it anyway cause im board. I had the idea to graph a fuel door on the passenger side of my dodge ram bed and install a factory fuel tank where the exhaust is ran. And re route the exhaust on the out side of the frame rail under the cab and the bed side on each side with thier own seprate cat and muffler. And use a dual tank switch and line router. Wouldn that be unique and have less times to stop on a trip?. Please keep coments nice. Thankyou.:party52:

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Meh, It would less of a pain in the ass to get with Transfer Flow or Metal Worx and have them custom build you a larger capacity tank. Transfer Flow has built 60 gallon tanks for the Cummins trucks that fit right into the OEM location. As far as Metal Worx is concerned, with their talent I am positive there is nothing they CANT build, as they've been building fuel cells for years.

OP
OP
jbmobbs

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
i thought they only did diesel tanks....... u think they could do one for a gas burner?

lol this was just a thought.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i thought they only did diesel tanks....... u think they could do one for a gas burner?

lol this was just a thought.

Maybe so...only way to find out is shoot 'em an email! Metal Works builds tanks for anything...very popular with the bagged guys to custom build fuel cells for relocation after installing linked backhalfs.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That not all you would be cutting, the shock on the passenger side will need to be moved. You could make a mount like the driver side shock and mount the passenger side the same way, kinda like a Chevy.

OP
OP
jbmobbs

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
That not all you would be cutting, the shock on the passenger side will need to be moved. You could make a mount like the driver side shock and mount the passenger side the same way, kinda like a Chevy.

Ill prolly do that anyways. Iv been told they ride smoother cause the forward force of the truck is cushioned more

omaha123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l CTD
that would be nice though! id rather pay 120-150 to fill up but have it last me 500-600 mies.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have never thought of that but I could see how the geometry would result in a more comftable ride, good point jbmobbs

OP
OP
jbmobbs

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Instead of 1 large tank on one side put 1 large tank on each side. and the geometry would be even.

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
I like your idea jb I actually thought about this myself. I'd go with the twin tanks myself instead of the extra large single tank. But to be honest I don't take the truck on long enough hauls to need a 2nd tank.