E-fan question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Still haven't made my mind up on them. I'm replacing the water pump tomorrow so I've still got a little time to decide.
My question is, would a single 12" fan be enough to keep my 360 cool during the hot ass Texas summers with my a/c running or should I try to fit two smaller fans?
And how did you guys dial in the thermostatic fan control? I'm thinking about turning it all the way up, waiting till it gets to the temp I want it to run at, then adjusting the controller back until the fan kicks on.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Think that's how they work anyway turn all the way up ands the adjust down till it comes on and it will shut off a certain amount of degrees from that. I think it was worth it but I didnt do everything at once so I didn't notice any power gain. Was a little mpg gain. Gotta get a 180 tstat now, fans on all the time.

2000ramhawaii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 v6
go with the dual, hook up one fan to the thermostat, with the second fan relay hook it up to the coil wire of the a/c compressor, the second fan will turn on when you run your a/c. you can also run a bypass swicth for it so you can turn on the second fan if your towing or as a backup if the thermostat or first fan ever fails.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam