Factory bracket failed 3rd time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badbee1824

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
The factory bracket that was factory welded on the passenger side front axle holding the one end of the steering dampener and the track bar broke off 3times after having welded twice. Anyone know if theres an aftermarket replacement to fix this problem amd maybe eliminate that entire bracket that was a bad design from the beginning. Thanks

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Better welder or grab yourself a dual damper kit and just run the driverside one. It sounds like you may have another issue that needs addressed though

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The factory bracket that was factory welded on the passenger side front axle holding the one end of the steering dampener and the track bar broke off 3times after having welded twice. Anyone know if theres an aftermarket replacement to fix this problem amd maybe eliminate that entire bracket that was a bad design from the beginning. Thanks

did you weld it yourself or have someone do it? i do heavy equipment repair welding for a living and for reoccurring problems like that i would recommend stick welding it with a 6011 or 6010 rod root pass and 2 more passes of 7018, that would hold way better than a normal mig weld with a pass or 2

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I'd agree with Mattx on this one if you are willing to give it another go.

Stick is much stronger than MIG in any case, but its also easier for a first timer to pick up than MIG. I'd agree on using the 6010 or 6011, the 'fast freeze' of the puddle is really handy in dirty environments like a rusty truck frame. I'd call the last pass with 7018 overkill, but hey, its not going to hurt, 7018 is 10,000lbs higher tensile strength and it 'freezes' slower, which gives you more time to feather the edges to get a good solid final pass. But thats up to you.