First Dodge! Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 318 5.2
Hey Guys
Back last summer I bought a 94 Model Ram from a friends grandfather. It's a swb regular cab 2wd. He and the original owner both took excellent care of her, so there are no major issues with her. This is the first Dodge I've ever owned and I have to say she's grown on me. There is one thing though. Is there any way of improving the suspension on them? She's a bit rough over bumps. More so than I'm used too. Better shocks and struts? What are the best on the market for a Ram? The steering is also a bit loose. Anyway to remedy that? Fellas any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Hey Guys
Back last summer I bought a 94 Model Ram from a friends grandfather. It's a swb regular cab 2wd. He and the original owner both took excellent care of her, so there are no major issues with her. This is the first Dodge I've ever owned and I have to say she's grown on me. There is one thing though. Is there any way of improving the suspension on them? She's a bit rough over bumps. More so than I'm used too. Better shocks and struts? What are the best on the market for a Ram? The steering is also a bit loose. Anyway to remedy that? Fellas any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Really good shocks that a lot of people run, including me, are bilstein 5100's. Kinda pricey but good shocks. For steering, best thing you could do is get a new steering box. Specifically Redhead or borgeson.

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What he said but I've never been able to find Bilsteins for the 2WD Ram. Still can't. Not for your 94 nor my 98. The Bil web site only offers the 4600.

Anybody else find the 5100's for the 2WD?

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I'll defer to the others for shocks. If you want to get rid of the Dodge lean without spending a ton of money, RockAuto has Huskey replacement springs both at OEM and added leaf stacks for both 2x4 and 4x4 trucks. They also sell different length shackles to either raise or lower your ride height.

I can say that the Huskey springs I bought from them with an extra leaf perform exactly as they should for the price. I havent had any problems with them, there are some features missing that really nice spring packs have, but the cost makes up for it.