Front and Rear hub bore different diameters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtfanning

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500 2wd
Engine
5.9L
Noticed on my 1999 Ram 1500, 2wd that the rear hub bore is smaller than the front. By nearly 1/8" to 3/16" in diameter. So, from the factory the rear wheels on the back are non hubcentric. This seems odd to me, as I havent found anywhere that list a difference in hub bore from front to back. I found this out buy purchasing aftermarket wheels designed to be hubcentric that fit perfectly flush on the back, yet wont slide over the lip on the front. Ive attached pics for anyone not knowing what Im talking about.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 62
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Dtfanning

Dtfanning

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500 2wd
Engine
5.9L
I cant be the only one to ever notice this. No one has ever noticed this on their trucks before, and that the rear wheels are lug centric from the factory?

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Thats odd. Last time I rotated my tires I rotated them front to back, next its left a right.

I don't remember having any problems.

OP
OP
Dtfanning

Dtfanning

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500 2wd
Engine
5.9L
Because your wheel center holes are bored large enough to fit the front, so you wouldnt have a problem.....other than the rear wheels being lug centric. Thats how my factory wheels center holes are bored.