Gearbox casing for 2500 needed - Help !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stebbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8L V10
Hi Guys,

Finally had to get the gearbox sorted in my year 2000, 2500 V10 (reluctant to change from first to second, despite gentle acceleration etc.) The guy looking at it said it needed a 2nd gear clutch and a new torque converter, but that wasn't all ! Apparently the gearbox casing was cracked inside where one of the bands was anchored and couldn't be welded as it would cause the band to be mis-aligned ?

Anybody here in England able to help ? He says a replacement casing would get me out of a muddle ! Failing that anybody over 'the other side of the pond' able to offer any suggestions ?

Is the 2500 gearbox unique to that model or is it shared with any other models ?

Look forward to your responses.

Cheers

Stebbo

RamV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
I can't really help as my V10 has a 5 speed manual box. My suggestion is to wait & see if someone else responds or find out what transmission you have (Model #) then check cross references to see what other (year & model) trucks used that transmission. I'm sure it is the same as the diesel truck. I know my transmission & clutch etc are the same as the diesel.