got some ?'s 2nd genners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so there have been some not so good things happening personally and im afraid that i may be losing/giving up my truck. if i do, i will be getting another dodge no chance i wouldn't been looking on cl at some second gens. how many goodies are out there for the 5.2's? i'd really like a 5.9 but if there is still stuff i can do to the 5.2 then i will go that rout. i know from a buddies truck that there is something up with the steering on the 2nd gens that makes it so the steering wheel can be moved and the wheels not turn. is there a fix for that? feel kinda dumb askin this stuff, but i know more about the 3rds cuz i have one lol. any help would be appreciated. :********:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Never heard of the wheels locking up.

There gets to be some play in the steering wheel. Plenum leaks, transmissions. The goodies for the 5.2 would be pretty much the same for the 5.9

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Werm mentioned most of the common problems with our 2nd gens. Those, and the dash cracking and paint fade with most of the darker colors.
The slack in the steering box can be adjusted to a certain point and a replacement box isn't too expensive or hard to replace

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Like werm said, the 5.2 and 5.9 are almost identical. I've had both with identical problems. Crank pos. Sensor ( pick- up coil) seems to be a common replacement as well

Sent from iPhone-taptalk

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. Not sure what's going on, but there a couple nice second gens I've see on cl local so we'll see.