Has anyone seen a transmission problem like this one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deed

Reaction score
U.S. Navy....so Pretty much anywhere, at any given
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Blue Tech 6.7
I got this from a shipmate out here on my ship, were headed home in a few weeks and he's looking for answers to tackle this when we return.

I heard that your were good at fixing dodges, My truck is a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L V8 with 115K on it.It will usually start off fine but as it shifts and hits third gear the tranny goes into limp mode staying in 3rd without shifting down or up regardless of speed. However if im driving it and it trips into limp mode and I shift to neutral and turn my truck off and then back on while still rolling it will shift decent but its a delayed shift and the check engine light stays on. Plus my gas mileage has steadily decreased over the past months before our deployment, so I don’t know.
The governor pressure solenoid and transducer,were recently changed as well as the speed sensor and the transmission relay because that was all the associated parts that were coming back with the check engine code [P0748].

Anyone have any input other than ECM/PCM, I'm thinking that's next to be checked out, I'm pretty stumped.

Last edited:

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You gotto go back in a have that governor pressure solenoid checked again, maybe it got jolted loose or out of wack. As you know the codes tell the story so....

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins Diesel
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel. It is having problems shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. I had the transmission flushed and I have also changed the tires from 265/70/17 to 285/70/17. Has anyone had this issue or know what could be causing it? What about what I can do to correct it? Thanks