Heater stopped blowing warm air.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ear77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2000 Dodge Ram extended cab 4X4 and the heater all the sudden stop blow hot air. I was sitting in a drive through waiting for my food when heater stopped blowing hot air. It was as if I had changed the temper gage to from hot to cold. Now it just stays cold. Has anybody had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
YouTube search how to flush a heater core. There are kits to attach a hose to the engine side firewall and flush it out. You might have a clog of some kind or it could let you know if it's time to replace it.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Check your coolant level. I've got a Mountaineer with a terrible coolant leak from the water pump and when the coolant is full, the heat works awesome. After a few miles of driving however, the hot air briskly transitions to cold air as about half a gallon of coolant has leaked by that point.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Also if the blend doors fail you may not have heat. Operate the hot/cold selector a few times with only the key on and listen for a slight buzz in the dash