Hylomar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tryin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Has anyone used any of the Hylomar products rather than black RTV when replacing the plenum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I've had good luck with hylomar, its all we used at Michigan Kenworth. We never used a drop of RTV unless we didnt have any hylomar in the correct temp range. Just be careful about which you get, we had over 15 different bins of the stuff, each with a different purpose.

It worked great on the heavy duty diesels, and its all I use on my truck instead of RTV or other types of gasket maker. To give our range of uses back when I was working for Kenworth, we used it for everything from exhaust sealant to engine sealing to windshield urethane. We used so much of their stuff they would ship it to us and our sister branch directly on semi-trailers

I recommend their products.

OP
OP
T

Tryin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Hylomar has a huge choice of products. Dapepper here's a link to their products page:

http://hylomar.com/hylomar-product-range/

If it doesn't work, Google can help.

I was thinking that a non-setting style like Hylotyte Red 100 would work real well at the corners of the plenum when re-installing.

Dudeman, thanks for the input. I've never heard of the stuff until yesterday while looking for something similar to a Yamaha semi-harding sealant Yamabond 4, when I came across Hylomar and thought that it would work real well on the plenum. I believe Yamabond 4 would work well too, but tends to flow a bit and it might not fill the gap quite good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
for the corners of the intake manifold /plenum, the old school way was this stuff made by 3M. It looked like thin, ~1/4" of strip caulk. Super cheap, its like $5 for a box of like 100 strips about a foot long each. Paint and body shop supply companies sell it.