I don't know much at all about cars/trucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like vacuum activated crap. It usually fails due to some cracked line or something. In fact on the 79 the only vacuum anything is the brake booster and the dizzy. The 03 has vacuum stuff I'm sure, but it doesn't mean I like it.

I don't like people calling my things "redneck". So drop it.

And sorry to the OP for cluttering this up, although I did give a good option for a bypass valve.

OP
OP
S

Silent Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L (318ci) EFI V8
Oh, you're cool PCA4208... I enjoy reading about the different options, and I'm trying to learn more about the vehicle... I don't know all the acronyms you guys use, but that's what the search feature is for..

Question, what is this part number (OEM), and where on earth can I find one?? I need this clamp BAD... I scoured the internet looking for a pic, and FINALLY found one that's a nice size with good clarity... it's the clamp that holds the factory air intake box to the throttle body... I want to give that clamp a try at holding my Spectre CAI to the throttle body...

Thanks!

airbox-01.jpg

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Gonna have to take a look in the junk yard. Can't say I've seen a new one for sale anywhere.

You sure you're Spectre doesn't have a hole for an S-bolt?

OP
OP
S

Silent Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L (318ci) EFI V8
100% sure... but perhaps I could drill one and fit a bolt to fit down into the throttle body... but that would be my last resort.. I'd try to hunt down a clamp first...

Here's the picture of the Spectre... there's a groove on the top, but no hole.. I think the groove is purely aesthetics.. doesn't seem like a necessary feature for fitment...

spe-9931_w_ml.jpg

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
No, no clamp.. the instructions suggested using the one from the Air Intake Box, but there was never one there..

and the search continues.. lol

Ahhhhah, I see it now.

IMO that's pretty ******** of them to not supply a clamp. Well, look at the dealer, junkyard then you could just make an s-bolt and drill a hole in the air hat.

OP
OP
S

Silent Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L (318ci) EFI V8
Ok, here's a better look at the routing of the hoses coming from the water pump... It looks as if he may have routed one side right back into the other... Crafty... Is that terribly bad? Will it hurt anything? LOL

I see where he cut the left side hose, but why leave the right side there just hanging, cut that off too and make it uniform...

IMAGE_47.jpg

IMAGE_45.jpg

IMAGE_46.jpg