I may be in trouble.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tym

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After fighting my heat forever, I am 99 percent sure I know what the issue is. Think I need to replace the intake manifold gasket.

A mechanic checked it out, I am getting exaust fumes mixed in with the anti freeze. Makes sense why my motor is running cold. Question is, what is this gonna cost me. Ugh.......

Crocdocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
After fighting my heat forever, I am 99 percent sure I know what the issue is. Think I need to replace the intake manifold gasket.

A mechanic checked it out, I am getting exaust fumes mixed in with the anti freeze. Makes sense why my motor is running cold. Question is, what is this gonna cost me. Ugh.......

It could also be the head gaskets. Might want to check into it more before just replacing the intake gasket just invade. Because then you'll have to do the intake twice of it turns out to be the head gasket. Lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Could also be cracked head. DO a compression test.

OP
OP
T

tym

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No white smoke, not loosing any anti freeze at all, I am really wondering if its just something simple like a vacumm leak. Truck runs like champ

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Vac leak will not make that test a positive. Cracked heads these motors are known for it.