Interchangaboe parts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lenstar65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9l
Hey everyone....i hav a 99 ram 1500,v6,2wd..standard cab....my friend has a 99 ram 2500,5.2l,4wd,ext cab....he is parting it out....im wondering if the following parts are interchangable.....front seat...drivers fender...front and rear bumpers....dash cluster(his has tach,mine does not)...any helplettting me know what will swap would be appreciated.....thanks....

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The cluster should swap over nicely, try doing a gauge check to see if its really the cluster or something else.

With the key off, push and hold the trip reset button, turn the key to the run position until the odometer displays "check" then release the reset button. The gauge will then go through a self test, if the tach needle moves, that gauge is fine. If not, the servo may be bad.

Unless you mean yours simply doesn't have the tachometer gauge, then you could try swapping them and try seeing what happens.

As for the seats, I think the standard and ext seats are different, but i'm not sure how hard it is to make them fit. As for the fenders, everything should be the same.

Bumpers should swap out easy as well. Front suspension components are completely different.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Standard and ext cab seats should just need seats unbolted from the brackets themselves. Then you should be good.

Cluster may be an issue. V6 vs V8 might play into that or there might just be a connector not being used back there.

The body pieces you're good.

OP
OP
lenstar65

lenstar65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9l
Thanks for the help...:)... The new bumper has lights in the bottomm..my old one does not...i was told my base model truck shouldhav the plug already wired up...ready to plug into new bumper...any thoughts???