Intermittant no power issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Weird Issue I just had in my truck, happened 2 times in the winter.

Went to start my truck, and acted like the battery was weak. The starter clicked and lost all power in the cab. Tried Jumping it and nothing, no power to nothing in the cab, even the lights wouldn't turn on with the cables attached. Every now and then the lights WOULD come on, but as soon as I turned the key, they would turn back off. Acting like a completely dead battery right? Well... I have factory fog lights wired through my own relay through the factory fog switch and they worked no problem, but nothing else on the truck would, no lights, no horn, no ignition, nothing.

After about 20 minutes of sitting, the truck started up fine like nothing is wrong, and I can't figure out what the issue is. I'm going to try removing the wiring for the remote starter in hopes that there is maybe a short in there somewhere, but other than that I'm clueless.

Any ideas?