little to no heat, what could it be.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'01 Ram
Engine
used to feel some heat inside the truck when it wasn't that cold outside. now that it's much colder, i feel no heat at all. what do you folks think it may be? at first i thought it may have been a bad thermostat so i replaced it and nothing. also my engine reaches operating temps very very slowly. what could be the problem?

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
Thermostat or heater core

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Are you losing and antifreeze or smelling it when you turn the heat on? What temp was the thermostat you put in?

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
This happened on my 96 ram. I flushed the coolant system and all the junk in the radiator clogged the heater core. So i backed flushed the system and it solved the problem. Just used a garden hose attached to the radiator hose coming out of the core and forced the water out backwards. Just disconnect the top hose from the engine. Then attach water hose it to the bottom one.

Last edited:

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Your intake heater hose should be hot and the outlet hose warm. If it's cold your core is plugged. If its warm or better, your blend door mechanism isn't working.