Looking at two trucks, need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Last_in

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ramless
Engine
Don't know yet but Magnum

Last edited:

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well Glad you found some that you can afford. Usually the Transmissions are one thing to check. Unfortunatly there are tons of horror stories about the trans going out. I would see when it was all serviced last or if anything has been changed or upgraded. I really can't say one way or another on the ones up there. I like the red one myself but I'm a bit partial lol.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Either one will be able to pull that trailer without a problem. They will enjoy drinking the gas though.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
This is true. I forgot to mention about the trailer lol. I know for a fact that the 360 has more than enough balls to tow a trailer like that. If my truck which is very similar to the second one. can pull a 30ft camper out of a grown in hole with flat tires in the mud. I'm pretty sure you can pull a 4800 lb trailer no problem.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I like the red one better

OP
OP
L

Last_in

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ramless
Engine
Thanks for the info guys!

I called on the red one twice and didn't get an answer but left a message the first time. It's probably sold or an unmotivated seller. I don't want to deal with an unmotivated seller, even if he is in my backyard.

I have more pics of the white tuck. It has 161K on it. I think I might pull the trigger on it.
truck002.jpg
truck003.jpg
truck004.jpg
truck005.jpg
truck001.jpg
truck006.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IDK man, that white one looks like it might have been beat on. I would give it a thorough check before buying it.

OP
OP
L

Last_in

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ramless
Engine
Yeah, I'll go check it out in person and test drive it before I hand cash over. I hope it is in good shape mechanically, we'll find out. Going to make a few calls tomorrow and try to check it soon.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree as well. It took me 6 months to find mine.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
It took me about 15 minutes. LOL Helps when there are 150 to choose from.

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Not to be too nosy, but how much we talking here? That way we know more of 'is it worth it or not'. It'd have to be pretty cheap for that particular truck though. Search a little wider, if you'd drive 2hrs, you'd drive 2 1/2. Its worth the trip and wait to find the best match for you.

I'm speaking from experience, haha, I've made a few dumb moves in my short years here.

OP
OP
L

Last_in

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ramless
Engine
Alright gang I'm taking your advise and am going to wait it out. In the mean time I'm going to look for a cheap FWD beater for the winter then sell it in the spring and get a truck. I figure the prices of 4x4's will go down a little bit after winter. That way I'll be able to tow the truck when it's done. If I get a co-op over winter I'll have more money also if I don't spend it on the other truck haha

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
If you buy a beater truck, make sure its a 4banger, and KEEP it after you get your ram......... strictly for the mpg's haha. A ram will prolly still get worse mileage than your 12sec dak ;)

Good decision though. Like I said, Ive made some hasty decisions, thats why I own a Ram with a 4.7! :D