Loose gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Cable is stretched. Take some zip ties and put them on the end of the cable between the cable end and the pedal

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Like dodge dude94 said, spacers. In between the part of wire from the small white plastic ring going towards the end of the throttle cable wire, you need to add space so the pedal is firmer.

I found that zipties didn't work very well on their own. Instead, try getting some small vacuum hose line (about the size of break lines), splitting it down the middle with a knife, then slipping it over the wire and zip tying it in place at the top, bottom, and middle.

I'll take pictures of mine if you'd like !

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Like dodge dude94 said, spacers. In between the part of wire from the small white plastic ring going towards the end of the throttle cable wire, you need to add space so the pedal is firmer.

I found that zipties didn't work very well on their own. Instead, try getting some small vacuum hose line (about the size of break lines), splitting it down the middle with a knife, then slipping it over the wire and zip tying it in place at the top, bottom, and middle.

I'll take pictures of mine if you'd like !
Zip ties work fine if you're only needing one or two, otherwise yeah,vacuum hose. Lol