Manual Transmission Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KarlM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maggum 5.2
So I tried searching through the threads for this transmission problem and had no luck and figured I'd ask if anyone has heard of this problem.

I did an engine swap out of my 2nd Gen 5.2 4x4 and replaced it with an engine from a 98 Dakota .... but I'm a hack and it was my first engine replacement. Anyway, after much effort the engine went back in and has been mated up with the transmission but for whatever reason the transmission will shift through the gears without the clutch being engaged.

The transmission seems to be operating because when I tried to start in first the truck lurched .... Also, there have been no successful starts if that makes a difference. I put in a new clutch and the cylinders seem to be functioning as does the pivot arm....

Any help is welcome. People have been really helpful the couple times I've posted here over the years. thx.