My truck. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
MSD 8.5 superconductor wire's I have had great success with them on everything they go on. Yeah I use the MSD coil as well.

Edit; The factory wire separators do not fit the 8.5 wires you will have to get some that do fit.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yes the Y pipe is very restrictive if its the one piece style (two into one). Mr. BBartow or old man DD94 should know where you can get the off-road Y.
:roflsquared:
Its a 2001. So that wouldnt work would it? Also, what about the cat?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The y pipe on the 00-01 trucks is much better than the previous. Here is the difference:

N3DLUEA.jpg

As you can see the portions that are different won't affect anything with the installation of a offroad y pipe.
This.
So theres not really a need for a off road y pipe? I want to find all of the restricted weak points and improve them before i start with anything else. Might as well get rid of all the restrictions now instead of putting $5000 in performance parts into it and have all the power still be held back!

Not really. Just replace the cat.
Can i get any recomendations for spark plug wires and coil?

Personally I used Bosch 7.5mm wires on mine and it's been fine. lol

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
as far as your first question, i think for power your best off running a chip or tuner and full exhaust which would include that Y pipe and a high flow or race cat. my truck is chipped with intake and exhaust and i couldnt be happier.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334