New to dodge! Couple questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Normally U-joints make a clunk or a click noise when they are going out. But not always. Mine clacked. When ya put it in gear it would make a clack or clunk noise at the rear. But from what I have heard my truck makes that all the time. So I don't think it's the u-joint. But stranger things have happend.

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
i have a bad u-joint on my front drivers side and it dose not make any noise it only clunked once i thought it took the grease fitting off my bottom ball joint when i heard the clunk. what really sucks is i had the truck apart the week befor and replaced both ball joints and had new u-joints that my dad bought to install but didnt cause when i bought the truck i was told that they where brand new and i check them and they where not bad

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
no the fitting is still there the joint just clunked real loud once and that was it
only reason i worried about it is that the ball joint came with a fitting that was to be removed after it was greased and replaced with a small bolt i just put in a smaller fitting

but the u joint is bad it wiggles real nice when you pull up and down on it
im letting it go untill i get the money to do some other fixes that need done first

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok That kinda makes since. Mine popped the cap up on me after I pressed it in. Hit it with a hammer been fine since.