New truck, have some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Couple months have past. Still very happy with the truck. Runs great, starts every time.

But, the transmission does slip every now and then, sometimes hunts for downshifts, it has 200K on it, so its time to look for some options.

The truck is a weekend work truck, want to be able to pull a car trailer, but not doing any hardcore off roading or anything.

My first question is, what transmission do I have in this truck? It's an auto 5.9 v8.

Second, should I do a local rebuild or go with a reman and install myself? (Budget is 2K)

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Couple months have past. Still very happy with the truck. Runs great, starts every time.

But, the transmission does slip every now and then, sometimes hunts for downshifts, it has 200K on it, so its time to look for some options.

The truck is a weekend work truck, want to be able to pull a car trailer, but not doing any hardcore off roading or anything.

My first question is, what transmission do I have in this truck? It's an auto 5.9 v8.

Second, should I do a local rebuild or go with a reman and install myself? (Budget is 2K)

A shop will be probably over your budget. Probably closer to the 3k mark if they do it right.

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Hello everyone! Thought I'd post an update on my truck. I sold it!! I loved the truck, the way it looked, but it just wasn't "practical" enough for me in my old age. Local kid took it off my hands for 3k. He got a great truck, I got some money to put towards this....

d95069f612.jpg

1995 Ram 2500, 5 speed, cummins powered, 120K. Truck is in great condition, going to pick it up in the beginning of August.