Next Mod on the Good Ol' Dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamSport97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeup, I have what Adam posted, great piece for the money!

P3260046.jpg

RamSport97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What kind of things do you notice with the TB? Do you get worse gas mileage?

Nope, better mileage. The truck gets up to speed easier when you are just cruising, better throttle response, and better sound. Has a nice little whistle to it. It's a perfect compliment to any 14x3 or real CAI.

OP
OP
K

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
Nope, better mileage. The truck gets up to speed easier when you are just cruising, better throttle response, and better sound. Has a nice little whistle to it. It's a perfect compliment to any 14x3 or real CAI.
Ooh, better gas mileage - thats something I could use haha Maybe i will do that along with the intake. I figured youd get worse gas mileage though...

RamSport97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ooh, better gas mileage - thats something I could use haha Maybe i will do that along with the intake. I figured youd get worse gas mileage though...

It seems like you would due to the increased size and flow, but you don't. It makes the engine more efficient as long as you have a nice exhaust to compliment it. The engine is just a big air pump.

I got 22.7 mpg from my house to Key West (500 miles). All highway. Went 475 miles on one tank of gas and still had an 1/8 of a tank left! These pickups can get fairly good MPG when properly maintained and tuned. However, mine is not a 4x4 and only weighs 4,018 pounds dry.

OP
OP
K

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
It seems like you would due to the increased size and flow, but you don't. It makes the engine more efficient as long as you have a nice exhaust to compliment it. The engine is just a big air pump.

I got 22.7 mpg from my house to Key West (500 miles). All highway. Went 475 miles on one tank of gas and still had an 1/8 of a tank left! These pickups can get fairly good MPG when properly maintained and tuned. However, mine is not a 4x4 and only weighs 4,018 pounds dry.
lol you had me goin there til you said yours isnt a 4x4. Mines got a stock 318, except for a flowmaster cat-back and a hollowed-out cat. Ive got the 4x4, but mines also a 5 speed which boosts up the MPG's a wee bit compared to the auto...dependin on how i drive it that is ;) Ill prob get that TB then when I get enough money, thatd be nice to have.