Plenum question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatramdude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I have a 5.2l and my truck has been acting really weird. At idle i hear a loud sucking noise coming from my intake. It runs rough and almost starts too die and when its on its last leg it springs back into action and does it all over. Now when im driving itll hesitate then i get the power. Does it sound like my plenum is going out? The loud sucking noise has got me tripping.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I have a 5.2l and my truck has been acting really weird. At idle i hear a loud sucking noise coming from my intake. It runs rough and almost starts too die and when its on its last leg it springs back into action and does it all over. Now when im driving itll hesitate then i get the power. Does it sound like my plenum is going out? The loud sucking noise has got me tripping.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Buy the hughes plenum kit bud. It does cost a lil bit but it'll fix your issue permanently.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Buy the hughes plenum kit bud. It does cost a lil bit but it'll fix your issue permanently.

Permanent would be an M1 or one of the intakes that's being machined and circulating facebook right now. Hughes fixes have been known to fail.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Has yet to fail on me ****..... [emoji16]

Yeah, but there have been several guys over the years that have had it fail multiple times. If you've got a buddy that can weld aluminum just weld the kegger lol

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Yeah, but there have been several guys over the years that have had it fail multiple times. If you've got a buddy that can weld aluminum just weld the kegger lol
True but I'll just wait and buy an m1 or whatever they have lol