Power Steering Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Ill make this short and sweet. As the title states im having issues with my power steering. I replaced my steering gear box with a bluetop box. Its been great. In that span ive replaced my PS pump maybe 3 times and every single time it hasnt turned out good.

Ive bled the system by jacking up the tires with the cap off the reservoir and went lock to lock with the wheel until all the gurgling/ bubbles were out of the fluid. Put it back on the ground and its still acts like it has air in it.

Heres the catch. (As soon as I roll forwards or backwards its fine. Its only when im at a stand still idling that my PS feels non existant)

In the mornings with a cold engine the power steering is probably at 85%. Drive it to my destination and the PS goes to about 25% while stationary.

So basically my powersteering is pretty decent when the truck is cool. As soon as the truck gets warmed up after driving or whatever the power steering sucks.

Again this is only when stationary so backing a trailer or parking is a complete *****.

Any thoughts our suggestions would be awesome. Im not really wanting to buy my 4th pump in a 6 month span. :happy107: