Rear end coilover conversions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will. I am too... Lmao. They shipped out yesterday, so I should have them by the end of the week. I ordered new U bolts as well, just so I don't have to run to the local spring shop halfway through like I had to do with my Ranger. I'll update it with a new thread once I start work.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
U-bolts come with new nuts? If not you're gonna need some.

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm pretty sure they do. I'm gonna see how the old ones come off first, they're the factory 9/16" replacement. But if not, a quick trip to Lowe's won't kill me before I start haha.

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That came out wrong... Jesus my head's out in the stars... I meant if the old nuts come off (giggity) I'll see if they fit on the new bolts, since the new ones are the OE replacement.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You might want to pick up a couple of spare bolts for the shackles to the hanger, they like to seize up and have to be cut out. Tip; Ma Mopar no longer makes shackles for our trucks if you need one or two it will have to be a aftermarket part. If you are getting new u-bolts you might look at doing a flip kit for the u-bolts.

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The shackles were just done maybe three months ago, iirc ... Somewhere along there. Lol. I was wondering about it, but I'm not too worried at the moment. I'm planning on lifting it 5" at some point in the year, probably the end of summer. So I'll probably end up doing it then