Removing transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
So i bought a 241DHD transfer case for my truck since i blew up my 231HD. I have the trans mount thats in the was unbolted with the bushing off but the cross member it self is stuck in, ive been trying to beat it out with a few hits with a rubber mallet with force but its just wiggling back and forth. How do i get this damn thing out of my way so i can fix and sell my truck?

DAN 25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I just removed and reinstalled the cross member in short wheel base 94 4x4 manual trans and it was a mother hubber!! Its some kind of spring design. I had to beat it out with a 3 pound sledge. Couldn't get it back in at first. Used grinder to bevel the leading edges and polish with a flapper disk. Was very difficult to reinstall. Had to use sledge and floor jack. Next time it comes out its going to the dump. Going to fabricate one easier to deal with.

toomanymopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Down towards the rear at an angle. Straight down will never work. Some good ole oil will help as well. You will notice it has spots in the middle of the sides to pry against the frame to squeeze it out.

toomanymopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
right here. remember work smart not hard.

Attachments

• pry spot.jpg
    pry spot.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14