retreads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Badger

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have read those and have seen it before. I also had a very good friend that almost lost his 2 older brothers because of a re-tread failure on there car about 20 years ago. I still remember seeing what was left of the car. That is enough for me to never use re-treads

That was 20 years ago, processes and technologies have changed dramatically since then.

plymsatellite66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Hey guys, new to the forum here, but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in. I bought a set of treadwrights early fall of 07 for my 74 W200, 305/70/16 load range E with the Kedge grip. I used the truck as a local daily driver and plow truck through the winters here in Iowa and then started commuting to school 30 miles each way for a while. After about a year of that I started truck pulling with a 67 W200. Hit around ten pulls that summer with two hooks per pull and drove between 100 and 130 miles each way to get to the pulls.

Probably put under 10k street miles on them plus the abuse of plowing and pulling on them and they are still around 3/4 tread. The Kedge is similar in principle to the blizzack (sp?) snow tires. The voids created by the walnut shells are supposed to help on ice and such. I don't know if the grip helped or not and doubt I'd get it on my next set when I need them, for the price I was fairly impressed. The most weight I had to add was 2.75 ounces so for a larger tire they balanced out pretty well too.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
thanks for the review

also welcome to the site, head on over to the introduction area for a proper welcome too

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
yes, another 2nd gen!!

to remain on topic, I almost got a set from a jeep club member, but they are the same size I have now. I have seen many good reviews in the jeep crowd and on a FJ forum.
I wouldn't count them out when looking for new tires.

Muddytazz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500HD 4x4
Engine
Hemi baby
That one thing I like about our local tire shop (I refuse to even step foot on any Les Scwab property), is I can go in there and get peoples take-offs or really good used tires for cheap. The set I have now are stock sized BFG A/Ts. Got them at my local Discount Tire (2 blks down the road) and all 4 mounted and balanced for $300 out the door and they had 85% tread.