Starting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatramdude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
So I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 5.2 5 speed. Sometimes when I park and try too start her she won't start won't even turn over. Starter won't even engage. Now I can drift start it and it will run fine. Park her she will start back up like a top for a little while then do the same thing again. I replaced the starter same thing. I cleaned all my cables . got a good battery. Someone told me it might be the ignition switch but when I turn the key I have lights on the dash and my radio works.. So I'm at a loss for words right now

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
have you checked the switch on the clutch pedal assembly? with how old the vehicle is it could be getting worn out.

OP
OP
Thatramdude

Thatramdude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
have you checked the switch on the clutch pedal assembly? with how old the vehicle is it could be getting worn out.
1edc4ff341c2c10dbae6c6a2c1961898.jpg
does it suppose too twist and move back and forth ? Won't start again and I started here.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk