Starting work on truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rod7515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 98 Dodge truck back in February but couldnt start on the repair work needed until I got my dads Monte Carlo upgrades completed. Well finally this week I was able to pull the truck into the garage and will start repairs on the truck. My plan is to replace the plenum gaskets, replace the heater core, remove the security system that was installed at some point, Replace the broken shift lever, service the transmission, engine, and differentials. Add a backup camera, replace all brake tubing and linings along with wheel cylinders and calipers and master cylinder. Ive already done the plugs, wires, dist pickup, cap rotor. Will be changing the pcv and filters. Also will be replacing all coolant hoses. Will also be repairing any AC leaks and charging as well. Ive done cyl compression testing and have 140 - 150 on all cylinders and a leak down test that shows anywhere from 15% to 25%. Time will tell if a motor is in the future. But I am just excited to get started. Will keep you updated as I go forward.
Rod