Strange heater issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
This is a problem I've had since last year. When i turn the heat on in my truck, it works just fine, however every once in a while, at random, air will just stop blowing out of my vents then after a minute it'll start blowing again. It'd be tempting to say my blower motor is cutting in and out however when air stops blowing out of the vents I can stil clearly hear the blower motor still running even though there is no air blowing out of the vents???

Honestly, I can't explain this issue any better than this. Even my dad is perplexed by this issue. It's not a huge deal overall, but the heat in my truck isn't great so when it cuts out for even a few moments when it's ten degrees outside, it's quite noticible.

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
Vacuum issues? If the vacuum is fading away it will flip to DEF mode and the vents will die. Then when the vacuum get strong again then it returns back to vents. You might look for vacuum leaks typically I find the cruise control vacuum motor with holes or a vacuum line with a crack in it.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
X2 - or the actual vent actuator diaphragm is leaking…..

OP
OP
Yeret

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hmm, interesting. I should also note that this problem most frequently occurs when I increase my throttle for hills.

I never have and never do use my cruise control. Truth be told, I'm not even sure HOW to use it, LOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo