Thrust Angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DodgeDrew71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So looking at my alignment sheet.
Rear toe from left to right is nearly a full degree off. (0.4 vs -0.49)
The thrust angle is .45.
So I guess with having a solid axle the issues could be: leaf spring center point is off, axle shackles bolts not square or frame issues. I've looked and the back end shows no damage anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas on how to maybe get this back in-line other than trip to frame shop?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I see you have a drop.

Double check all your stuff back there.

OP
OP
DodgeDrew71

DodgeDrew71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see you have a drop.

Double check all your stuff back there.

Yeppers.
I'll def check things but not sure how the shackles and the hangers would be that far off. I need to look for my alignment sheet from right after i did the drop last year to compare as well.

Appreciate the response.

OP
OP
DodgeDrew71

DodgeDrew71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well found the previous alignment sheets.
Dude, I think you are on to something. :waytogo:

I didn't get alignment checked last year after I put on the rear hangers. I deployed and had a million things going on.
Before I did the hangers the Thrust Angle was -0.14. Now it's 0.45--that's nearly .6 degree swing.

I'll be under there tomorrow night trying to figure out where I improperly aligned things that made the axle swing from pointing slighting left to right.

Thank you again for your response, it got me thinking and hopefully I'll find a solution. :)

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
congratulations on having a 4way alignment before the changes, and after the changes, and retaining the paper work. There are a lot of owners out there, who use the receipts for floor mats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DodgeDrew71

DodgeDrew71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
congratulations on having a 4way alignment before the changes, and after the changes, and retaining the paper work. There are a lot of owners out there, who use the receipts for floor mats.

Yeah, I save everything.
Prob save too much crap honestly. LOL

Now cross fingers with some checking around and prob loosen up and retighten I get things back inline.