Transmision question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bealach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
OK I just picked up a 01 1500 sport. after driving for a while it seemed to downshift and the check engine light came on. it didn't want to shift back up till the rpms got to almost 4K and then shifted hard. did this for a short spell then seemed like it wanted to stay in second and not shift back down. after it sat for a while it was shifting fine again. then I took it back to the place I got it and they cleared the CE light. it was fine for about 50 miles then did it again. they sait it was a "shift module" and said they would take care of it this week sometime. but me being who I am took it over to O riellys parts house and had them check the code and it came up as p1763 which translated to "Governor Pressure sensor switch to hi". so where is that located? And does that sound right to any of you?
any help is appreciated.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That sounds about right. That solenoid is known to go out. It is in the transmission above the valve body.

OP
OP
Bealach

Bealach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
thanks BigT......gonna change it out this weekend.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Good deal. If you haven't already check out the service manual in the DIY section might help ya a little

OP
OP
Bealach

Bealach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
didn't even know that was there....thanks a bunch