Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndGenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I just picked up this 1997 1500 5.2 and was wondering what transmission it has, it says it has a tow package w/ overdrive. Is their somewhere to look or use the vin code.

OP
OP

2ndGenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Thanks
I believe it does have the RE trans, it has a lot of wires attached to it in top.

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
you can email your VIN to dodge and request a build sheet usually they will email you the window sticker but it will tell you all the details of the main components like trans, rear end, gear ratio, engine size ect.....

OP
OP

2ndGenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I just found that today and sent them a request, I hope they can get it back to me soon. I am looking to do a slight rebuild / maintenance overhaul. That way it will support the motor when its done, 408 ci for right now then maybe a little boost down the road.

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I just found that today and sent them a request, I hope they can get it back to me soon. I am looking to do a slight rebuild / maintenance overhaul. That way it will support the motor when its done, 408 ci for right now then maybe a little boost down the road.

they got back to me pretty fast it took just a few days for my sheet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956