Truck wont turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Well went to take sis to the pool and found out the truck won't even turn over. Thought maybe my negative cable came loose since nothing worked. Jiggled it underhood lamp came on and still wouldn't turn over. All I got was an audible click. Checked all fuses I could and they're all good. I'm thinkin starter or starter relay or something like that. Not the keenest on that stuff and I'm mad so brain doesn't work as well.

Am I thinking right or is there more i could check yet

Edit: Like I said I was a lil mad and wasn't thinking clearly. Upon further inspection my negative cable is screwed. Won't tighten up at all. Unbolted it, wedged a screw in, and rebolted it. Bad idea I know but itll give me until tomorrow when Oreillys is open

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Replace both clamps and be a happy man.

I had my positive terminal on my battery wrapped with tin foil for the longest time to get the clamp to have a good purchase on it. :roflsquared:

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I have an old 91 mazda that I use for running errands in the city and such, the positive cable terminal on it is trashed from years and years of wear, won't tighten up at all, so I simply stripped a few pieces of 12 gauge copper stranded wire, bent them over the positive battery post in a star pattern, and then hammered the cable terminal on over them. Makes a good connection since the wire is copper, and it mashed down to the shape of the battery post as I forced the terminal over it. It's not going anywhere, and was much easier than trying to replace the cable, it's a ***** to get at the starter end.
Dave