Trying to clear some codes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lenstar65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9l
Hello everyone...new member here...:) ...i m having some trouble with two codes,p0132..and p0138...i hav a 1999 ram 1500,3.9l engine....both o2 sensors are new...ive done a little research,and it seems i may need a new fuel pressure regulator??....or a problem with the o2 wiring harness,the part the sensor plugs into??i dont hav any hard starting,a symptom of bad fuel pressure...i also saw something online about checking fuse box for bad connection???..whats involved in changing the wiring harness for the o2 sensors??? Any ideas or advice appreciated...i just got my truck back,it sat for about 1 1/2 years, and i was only able to get a 30 day temp tag....Also,the actual check engine lamp isnt working....Thanks!!!!

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Both those codes indicate too high a voltage at the sensor. If the O2 sensors are working properly then the codes indicate an excessively rich exhaust. However it could also mean that there is a wiring issue. Was this issue present before or after they were changed? What brand did you use? Nothing but NGK works on my truck, everything else throws codes, I dont remember which ones though.

OP
OP
lenstar65

lenstar65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9l
The issue has been there as long as i hav owned the truck...,since before the new o2 sensors were put in...they are bosch...i think its electrical also,i was going to splice in new o2 pigtails....i hav a new fuel pressure reg.,but that is on top of fuel tank,right??i saw a note online that said check fuse box wiring...id like to diagnose the problem better....

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
the fuel pr3essure regulator is on the fuel pump.

I'd check the wires until they hit a protective sleeve. Checking the o2 heater fuses cant hurt.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Forgetting one very important detail: plenum.

The v6 has the same plenum issue as the v8s. You burn a tad bit of oil and often coke up the 02s, which throw codes. I would start with new 02s, anything but Bosch, and doing the plenum