Vibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haardcor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right section, my 96 ram 1500 5.9 has been squeaking lately, I figured it was coming from one of the pulleys. Today the truck stopped squeaking, but developed a bad vibration when it's idling, vibration seems to calm down when I hit the gas but immediately starts again when I take my foot off the gas. Any ideas why this is happening would be helpful it's pretty annoying.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Idler pulley?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take the belts off and run the engine. That will eliminate the pulleys with the exception of the crank pulley. Also make sure that the crank pulley isn't bent or the balancer isn't coming apart.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Take the belts off and run the engine. That will eliminate the pulleys with the exception of the crank pulley. Also make sure that the crank pulley isn't bent or the balancer isn't coming apart.

Just make sure you only run it briefly. Just a minute or two.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take the belt off and start the engine to see it you still have the vibration. Like I said previously, check the crank pulley and balancer to make sure It's not wobbling because that's the only pulley that will be turning without the belt on. If you still have the vibration with the belt off then it's not a pulley. Put the belt back on. If you don't have the vibration with the belt off then shut it off and check the pulleys. This whole process should only take a few minutes.