What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^TB catastrophe. lol

Got my 2 1/2" emt conduit for my intake as well as my drill bit and cylinder hone for my TB. :signs6:

I think I'm going to go to the parts house to procure some more stuff here in a bit.

rebel89820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
One is drying, the other will need a final scuff and clean, then primer and sprayed... That'll have to wait for another day as looks like it's about to start raining again any second...

View attachment 30267

If I ever finish these, I'll mess with my bumper cover again, then on to the TB catastrophe.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an amazing difference! Nice job!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^TB catastrophe. lol

Got my 2 1/2" emt conduit for my intake as well as my drill bit and cylinder hone for my TB. :signs6:

I think I'm going to go to the parts house to procure some more stuff here in a bit.

Lol... I'm wishing I would have grabbed an airhat while at the yard now and thinking I could fab up a shroud for a cai outta some thin sheet metal... Oh well I'll just go back here in a week or two... Gotta get another intake anyway... The good thing is that since I didn't, I may actually finish one of these projects before starting another

Good luck on the TB screw. I'm still a little worried about mine...

That's an amazing difference! Nice job!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thank you sir! I'm just hoping that after days of working on these, the chipping will cease.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Lol... I'm wishing I would have grabbed an airhat while at the yard now and thinking I could fab up a shroud for a cai outta some thin sheet metal... Oh well I'll just go back here in a week or two... Gotta get another intake anyway... The good thing is that since I didn't, I may actually finish one of these projects before starting another

Good luck on the TB screw. I'm still a little worried about mine...

I've got some sheet metal sitting in the mech. room at work that has been there the entire 10 years we've been there....I already asked dad if I could snag a sheet and he gave me the go-ahead. So that's what I'll be doing as well. The plan is to make a heat-shield and grille scoop out of it...but we'll see how that goes. :D

Eh, I figure worst case scenario I just have to buy some more tools. :roflsquared:

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Figured out why my exhaust leak seemed to keep getting louder the past few days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402354851.491898.jpg

Apparently my bolt must've rattled loose. Thankfully that's all it was since I was thinking I was getting a manifold leak.

Just gotta let everything cool down and I'll put a new bolt in it after dinner.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^How come you haven't put headers on that beast? :D

Did my other parts run...things are coming together. Pics soon.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a set of pacesetter long tubes for it but they were nowhere even close to fitting in there. Not without rebuilding my frame rails that is lol. I've been looking at some different long tubes but dont have the $1000-1500 it would cost my to buy and install them right now. And thats if they even fit.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Had a set of pacesetter long tubes for it but they were nowhere even close to fitting in there. Not without rebuilding my frame rails that is lol. I've been looking at some different long tubes but dont have the $1000-1500 it would cost my to buy and install them right now. And thats if they even fit.

Damn. That sucks. :(
Hey guys we made it to over 200 pages of 2nd gen. :D

Really? I only have 101. :bleh:

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well ****!!! Got some good and really not so good news now.

First is the good news. Got my exhaust leak totally fixed!! I always had a small leak out of that connection and I guess they mustve just forgot to tighten those bolts on that side since the other bolt was also loose.

Now for the really bad news..... my truck needs bodywork bad now!!!! :( I'll post some pics of the damage in the morning. But when I was backing out of the shop I swung the front of my truck right into my grandpas bumper!! He had it parked in a weird spot where nobody ever parks at there farm and I was looking behind me and totally missed it. :(

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup exactly what I told my grandpa. Ive already been eyeing a new bumper cover on summit for a couple years. I just didnt want (or really have the cash) to spand on the parts and paint right now.

Trying to get my damn line of credit paid off not rack it back up lol

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That wont happen lol. I already cant stand the thought of looking at my poor truck in its current state for even the few weeks it will be like this.

Plus if im going to add back onto the line of credit anyways I might as well just do it all at once and pay it off over the next few months.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No sport bumper for me, I'm going Aftermarket. Here's my first choice nice clean and simple. Looks stock but its not.

http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/sse-950-70502/overview/year/1998/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

But still kinda debating on maybe going with one of these instead. (Figured I'd have a few more years to figure this out)

http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/kre-fdd-100/overview/year/1998/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/sse-950-70501/overview/year/1998/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

The last link is my least favourite of the three and doubt I'll go with it. But the second one is something I kinda like but not 100% sold on.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also considering getting my rockers and box corners repainted while im at since they need a repaint anyways. And if im going that far maybe a steel roll pan that I can get welded in?