Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 2nd Gen : 1994 - 2002 > General Discussion

General Discussion

What did you do to/with your second gen today?

This is a discussion on What did you do to/with your second gen today? within the General Discussion forums, part of the 2nd Gen : 1994 - 2002 category!
Originally Posted by Okiespaniel So there I was... standing at the paint rack at the local hobby store. I spied ...

Like Tree11674Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #21911 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2001
Engine: 5.9L V8
Originally Posted by Okiespaniel View Post
So there I was...
standing at the paint rack at the local hobby store. I spied a can of Sublime Green. "Wow" I says to myself..."That's OEM Mopar mix!"
So I bought a can and took it home...and this is what happened.
I fear the powder coater may be making more money off of me.
Trying to decide if the gauge faces need to be white.
I kinda like it

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
dapepper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #21912 (permalink)

Ram Year: 1998 Ram 1500
Engine: 5.9 Magnum
Originally Posted by dapepper9 View Post
Bruh #gainz.
I ain't bout that life, bruh.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:24 AM   #21913 (permalink)

Location: Under the hood, trying to find that ****ing bolt/nut/socket/wrench that I dropped...

Ram Year: 1999
So, after the first week with the shorties, I've come to the conclusion that they ****ing rock. Shoulda got some years ago. Basically, overall performance has improved noticeably and I gotta admit, I rather like the "tick tick tick" of the valvetrain at idle. Makes the engine sound much rawer. When I pulled into the parking lot at Wal-Mart on Tuesday, I'm just sitting there for a few moments and this guy in a Ford gets out of his truck, looks back and stares at my truck until I shut the engine off. Not sure if he was looking in awe or if he was thinking "that guy's gonna bust a lifter." Or, I dunno, maybe he was simply being like "durr hurr, Dodge."

Tonight, I had to do weekend work, which was worsened by that fact that this whole past week was a ****ing SOB suckfest (work sucks). Got off a bit ago and drove kinda easy since it's dark out and my eyesight is bad enough in daylight, let alone at night. I was doing 70 and the usual long, steep hill came up but I waited until I just started up it before digging into the throttle which I don't normally do but I was being easy. Anyway, I'm about to crest it and look down at the speedo and realize that I've actually accelerated up to 75. Man, even with the tune, I couldn't do that on that particular hill prior to the headers.

Also, heading into work, I got myself good and pumped up (not for work itself, of course) with some Metallica and, reaching the section of highway that I like to call "The Stretch," I dug into the throttle a little deeper than normal. I watched the speedo smoothly climb right up to 90 before I let off. I was still in overdrive and had to take a moment to reminisce about the time long ago when doing the same thing would barely take me past 70. Power wise, I think I'm still well short of a stock 5.7 Hemi but oh well. Stroking, forced induction or simple induction swaps are well out of my budget for quite a while but I'm certainly happy with what I've got at the moment.

Might have to do a top speed run one of these times. I've watched videos of guys with fewer mods bury the speedo in a second gen and still keep pulling. Gotta get my front end and steering straightened a bit first though. If I tried to do 100 right now, I'm not certain I could hold her straight, LOL.
dodge dude94 likes this.

American Racing Nitro, K&N open element, modified 50mm, eBay shorties, 2.25" y-pipe, Magnaflow cat, Cherry Bomb Extreme, DUI LiveWires/cap/rotor, canned 91 tune by Flyin' Ryan, Hughes plenum repair, 4x4 Posi-Lok, on-board Money Sink 3000
Yeret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #21914 (permalink)

Stop making me want to get mine installed.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #21915 (permalink)

Location: Under the hood, trying to find that ****ing bolt/nut/socket/wrench that I dropped...

Oh, just do it. Headers have been proven power gains for, what, seventy years? You've already got a modified TB, go ahead and get a tune while you're at it. You won't regret it.

American Racing Nitro, K&N open element, modified 50mm, eBay shorties, 2.25" y-pipe, Magnaflow cat, Cherry Bomb Extreme, DUI LiveWires/cap/rotor, canned 91 tune by Flyin' Ryan, Hughes plenum repair, 4x4 Posi-Lok, on-board Money Sink 3000
Old 09-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #21916 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Yeret View Post
Oh, just do it. Headers have been proven power gains for, what, seventy years? You've already got a modified TB, go ahead and get a tune while you're at it. You won't regret it.
lol I have dentistry for my wife I have to pay for.

I need my gaskets and bolts and I will.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #21917 (permalink)

Hey, I've got dentistry of my own coming up (one tooth's been root canal'd and needs finishing work, another's rotted almost through and a thrid isn't far behind) but I didn't let that stop me. Good thing my insurance is covering half of it or I'd really be in a sling. I'm gonna be in deep anyway but screw it. You only live once, right? I would just swipe my credit card for those Harland Sharps but man, I've been to hell in back to get the ****ers open again. That's one pit I definitely don't want to fall in again, LOL.

I'll recommend the Remflex gaskets that I'm using now. No leaks so far with my eBay shorties. Just don't bend them. They really don't like that. The packaging makes it pretty clear.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #21918 (permalink)

Hey, I've got dentistry of my own coming up (one tooth's been root canal'd and needs finishing work, another's rotted almost through and a thrid isn't far behind) but I didn't let that stop me. Good thing my insurance is covering half of it or I'd really be in a sling. I'm gonna be in deep anyway but screw it. You only live once, right? I would just swipe my credit card for those Harland Sharps but man, I've been to hell in back to get the ****ers open again. That's one pit I definitely don't want to fall in again, LOL.

I'll recommend the Remflex gaskets that I'm using now. No leaks so far with my eBay shorties. Just don't bend them. They really don't like that. The packaging makes it pretty clear.
I'm probably going to get some gibson gaskets. Mark, aka Merc225hp runs em on his headers and has had zero issues.
Not really so much getting the gaskets as it is the bolts, those fuckers are expensive.

My wifes dentist work isn't covered by anything as she doesn't have any sort of insurance....

Truck needs a steering box and the Hyundai needs a couple things.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #21919 (permalink)

Ram Year: 1997
Engine: 5.9
http://www.ramforum.com/attachment.p...1&d=1505751940
Attached Images

Gr8bawana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:39 PM   #21920 (permalink)

Name: AL

Ram Year: 2000
Engine: magnum, 5.9
The dash detailing continues.
This is a new piece from LMC truck. Seems to be well made. We'll see how it holds up. Painted to match body color with Stuplicolor.
Today I buffed out some rough spots, installed the vents, and did a test fit.
The look reminds me of something aeronautical and futuristic. I can't decide on the surround for the stereo head. It should be painted wither white or silver.
I decided to wait until my new lens for the cluster com,es in to install the bezel. I only want to do this once!
Attached Thumbnails
100_0376.jpg   100_0378.jpg   100_0380.jpg  

100_0381.jpg  
dodge dude94 and DodgeTx like this.

My mods list is too long for my sig But you can find build pics here http://www.ramforum.com/members/okie..._10_23_11.html or http://www.ramforum.com/members/okie...isc_stuff.html The one Father you won't be able to Dodge!

Last edited by Okiespaniel; 09-23-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Okiespaniel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2nd gen mods, cool 2nd gens, dodge ram 2nd gen