What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastSdime

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum 360
Truck looks sick man! Like the 20`s!

Thank you... Its a love hate thing with these wheels. I love how they look. But I really want M/Ts due to being a firefighter and somedays means takes a POV to a scene. But the price of tires for 20s almost equals to what I paid for the truck. LOL

I pulled my taillights and plastidipped them. You're gonna like how they come out.

Pics or it didn't happen! lol

lleno65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 magnum
Right now it is my daily driver,I drove it to work,and then home....It's a good truck,but I'm having a spongy clutch issue,and it consumes some oil,pretty sure I have that plenum gasket issue....Leo

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thank you... Its a love hate thing with these wheels. I love how they look. But I really want M/Ts due to being a firefighter and somedays means takes a POV to a scene. But the price of tires for 20s almost equals to what I paid for the truck. LOL

Thats right, he knows better then that too!:word:

Right now it is my daily driver,I drove it to work,and then home....It's a good truck,but I'm having a spongy clutch issue,and it consumes some oil,pretty sure I have that plenum gasket issue....Leo

If you head to the engines and performance theres a great thread by Merc225hp and DD94 that explains all about the plenum and what to do :) Can't help on the clutch sorry man, manuals aren't my thing :p

Dodge Dude94... WHY DO YOU ENCOURAGE ME

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Well fine...
Thats right, he knows better then that too!:word:

If you head to the engines and performance theres a great thread by Merc225hp and DD94 that explains all about the plenum and what to do :) Can't help on the clutch sorry man, manuals aren't my thing :p

Dodge Dude94... WHY DO YOU ENCOURAGE ME
PICTURE ****!! :****:

Why do I? Because I'm just making you realize something you want to do. :D

Before:
100_4643_zps226fb96a.jpg

During:
100_4646_zpsbf9e4cc2.jpg

After:

100_4648_zpse2c1acdd.jpg

On the truck:

100_4649_zps930bc2c3.jpg

Good enough? :p

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks good man! Looks brand new :)

BTW I know I want to do burnouts! I have a hard time NOT when I do drive it! ;) lmao

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yep. One of these days I'll do my front bumper too. Just a pain because of my lovely brush guard. :D

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
So what did I do with the ol' ******* today? Well, this is what I did all summer. I replaced, and welded the inner to a new left front fender. I learned how to replace a rocker panel. And coat it so I wont have to do it again. I gutted the interior, changed the wet carpet, fixed the rear window leak. Changed the tan carpet to dark-brown to hide my future coffee stains. Re-skinned my headliner to match the carpet cuz I wanted to! Installed a Left-rear wheel-arch patch panel to replace the rust (good experience for my Roadrunner), learned to weld, POR-15'd my cab floor from the old water intrusion. Re-sealed the rear-window, blocked it's leak-flow (just in case) from reaching the front floor-pan. Drilled a drain-hole. Clear-coated my new shocks so they dont look like rusty pieces-of-**** in two months! Fixed my radio knob volume issue, painted hardware and over-head console to match the new headliner. Got a new dash bezel so I can dip it in a brown/fall Realtree. Man I'm tired! 97 Ram extended cab, Black, with tan and brown custom leather interior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So what did I do with the ol' ******* today? Well, this is what I did all summer. I replaced, and welded the inner to a new left front fender. I learned how to replace a rocker panel. And coat it so I wont have to do it again. I gutted the interior, changed the wet carpet, fixed the rear window leak. Changed the tan carpet to dark-brown to hide my future coffee stains. Re-skinned my headliner to match the carpet cuz I wanted to! Installed a Left-rear wheel-arch patch panel to replace the rust (good experience for my Roadrunner), learned to weld, POR-15'd my cab floor from the old water intrusion. Re-sealed the rear-window, blocked it's leak-flow (just in case) from reaching the front floor-pan. Drilled a drain-hole. Clear-coated my new shocks so they dont look like rusty pieces-of-**** in two months! Fixed my radio knob volume issue, painted hardware and over-head console to match the new headliner. Got a new dash bezel so I can dip it in a brown/fall Realtree. Man I'm tired! 97 Ram extended cab, Black, with tan and brown custom leather interior.

Wow what a productive day! I wish I had a quarter the motivation you did! Great job man, got any pics to share?

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Picked up a second dash bezel today, in perfect condition. From a 98 so I need to remove the electrical socket so it will fit my 01. Planning to wrap it in realtree camo. Also hooked my cab lights back up.

RamV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Towed one of our TT to our place in the Mountains. It ran as good as ever. I really like my Dodge.

Bad99Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on last week for clearance for bigger wheels. This week I added the 20 inch wheels.

truck2.jpg

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My black grille and bumper came in :D Idk how to post pictures unfortanetly

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I put the 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on last week for clearance for bigger wheels. This week I added the 20 inch wheels.

truck2.jpg

Looks sharp man :)

My black grille and bumper came in :D Idk how to post pictures unfortanetly

Head over to photobucket, sign up and make an account then upload to there and grab the direct link and use the little picture icon at the top of the text box to add it

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Looks great! I also ran the 1.5" spacer lift. I didn't want to be perfectly level, I wanted a touch of rake for when I had my ATV in the bed.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dad blew out his head gasket:

Looks like it just popped to the outside, oil still looks clean and no smoke from the exhaust.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LOL you have been saying that for years now... But the worse part is that you have a set... They are just on the wrong truck.

Ya I know I have lol. My Hemi swap ate up all my extra funds for new rims though. Plus I'd like to find a set of the painted ones without the plastic chrome (they are harder to find than the chrome ones hear though) Since I'd like to get them powder coated to something other than silver or chrome. This also means I can't steal the ones from my 06 since they are chrome.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ya I know I have lol. My Hemi swap ate up all my extra funds for new rims though. Plus I'd like to find a set of the painted ones without the plastic chrome (they are harder to find than the chrome ones hear though) Since I'd like to get them powder coated to something other than silver or chrome. This also means I can't steal the ones from my 06 since they are chrome.

Those are just a chrome cap that with some patience you can pull off.

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bought some insurance and drove it for the first time in 8 months :)