What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Added one more to the arm today. Was hoping to be futher along with it but oh well.

nice!!! i like it.

i live in a family that's old. sore from the pan drop, and my elbow was acting up so i put some bengay on my elbow and knee. pain just stopped. wish i could go back 10 years and kick myself in the ass.

sent from my brick using clay

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Thanks Cody.

Wow Bengay still sold is it.

yep, works good too. I'll tell ya tho, it was worth it i'm happy my truck drives. rides real nice. my brakes squeak like hell when you press them. all in due time tho.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I just watched your video. So it moves after all this time all it needed was a tranny fluid change? Lol you guys and your accents.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
I just watched your video. So it moves after all this time all it needed was a tranny fluid change? Lol you guys and your accents.

yep and filter am so happy. do you have an accent eh. lol i've noticed i talk with my bottom lip sticking out when i slow down. that one i was talking fast. " wooo hoo it's shifting good, hold my beer and watch this." lol

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
yep and filter am so happy. do you have an accent eh. lol i've noticed i talk with my bottom lip sticking out when i slow down. that one i was talking fast. " wooo hoo it's shifting good, hold my beer and watch this." lol

That's great buddy good it's moving under its own power. Me accent no way eh.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
That's great buddy good it's moving under its own power. Me accent no way eh.

i noticed when we first drove it the speedo dropped to 0 then back up to 60. i put 40$ in the tank so it's on 3/4s of a tank. i didn't notice i had an accent till my friends told me " no one else in marianna has an accent like you, other people have it some times and you have it all the time" then i actually listened to myself and others and i noticed holy crap they're right. people like to say drawl but i say accent. don't need to follow everything everyone does. it's good at times to not have one people actually understand you. i was in GA and everyone understood me. i didn't get one "huh" like here in FL.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Went to the track today saw a cool 3rd gen ram
rode for 5 hours straight after not riding for 5 years my hands hurt like lol

One pic is my ram lowered on drop shackles without the lt250r to weigh it down so thats the true height it sits at:naughty:

I dig the paint in that 3g.

And get new headlights!!! :p

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
will be inspecting my rear drums and front discs this weekend.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
will be inspecting my rear drums and front discs this weekend.

front brakes are easy drums are tricky first time feel like i could change in a half hour now

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
front brakes are easy drums are tricky first time feel like i could change in a half hour now

1 hour ago i didn't know anything about drums lol. i want to see how bad they are. i might do a rebuild kit on the drums. if they're bad. i need to learn the discs now.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been a while man.

Not much of a fan of Moog anymore... They quality control has been seriously inadequate recently. Many of my parts from them failed. Many others have reported the same. I've since replace all of those parts though

That pains me to hear that, how long did they last for? At least I have a 5 year 60k warranty from the shop that put them in. I hated wasting that much money and not even getting, parts that I really want... Like dana 60s with gears and lockers.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Put a couple hundred miles on her this weekend. Drove down to Round Rock, then Austin, getting some school shopping for the kiddos out of the way. It's been so dang hot lately, this morning it's 73*. Man she runs like a different truck when it's in the low 70s, wish it was this temp year round....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
1 hour ago i didn't know anything about drums lol. i want to see how bad they are. i might do a rebuild kit on the drums. if they're bad. i need to learn the discs now.

Drum brakes last damn near forever lol, if you wheel cylinder is leaking back there just buy a new one $11.99 unless your really tight on cash get the cylinder rebuild kit $5.99

youtube and the shop manual helped me, also do one side at a time so if you forget where something goes you can look at other side of truck. they are the same just mirror image. if you need to remove those brake lines use one of those special line removal tools or be easy on it with normal open ended wrench they strip easy.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Oh....****** ass bar.
Again, partially my fault. Partially my dads. Partially cheap bar
No issues on my amazon bar :D
Mines an Amazon bar lol
That pains me to hear that, how long did they last for? At least I have a 5 year 60k warranty from the shop that put them in. I hated wasting that much money and not even getting, parts that I really want... Like dana 60s with gears and lockers.
Well my I had multiple u joints seize after like a couple thousand miles. Not sure exactly how long. I did grease them regularly.
Ball joints.. well I can't fault those for not lasting. 37s on a 1500.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Got the distributor base gasket ordered from dodge. $2.34 for the ring and $16 after shipping is better than $115 for a new distributor

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Drum brakes last damn near forever lol, if you wheel cylinder is leaking back there just buy a new one $11.99 unless your really tight on cash get the cylinder rebuild kit $5.99

youtube and the shop manual helped me, also do one side at a time so if you forget where something goes you can look at other side of truck. they are the same just mirror image. if you need to remove those brake lines use one of those special line removal tools or be easy on it with normal open ended wrench they strip easy.

it's gonna have to wait i have to pay a phone bill and buy a new pair of jeans. fucken **** damn levi's.