What's this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok was trying to track down my ac leak. I found this hole. Any ideas? Its just under the evaporator on the passenger side. It blows air out it with the fan on.

2011-07-07_19-34-38_694.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Never seen one before but if I had to guess.. I would say condensation drain?

Sent from iPhone-taptalk

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That was my thought but I dunno it was blowing cool air. Thought maybe a hose was missing

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
A drain is my guess too. I'll check and see if mine has one

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hmmmmm wonder what it's for? Colton does yours have a cap our anything?

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
No it looked just like yours

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Should be a condensation tube but not sure why your getting pressure out of it.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I dunno. It's like it's joined with the fan. Turn the fan up gets faster. Turn the fan down it slows down. I don't know. I have been trying to find my A/C leak for over a year. Maybe someone can help shed some light here. Here is what I have done so far...

Ok compressor clutch went out so pulled all the freon out and replace the compressor. Very straight forward job. Reloaded the Freon and I had A/C for about 2 weeks. Then one day nothin. WTH???? pop the hood put my gauge on it. Dry as a bone no pressure at all. Ok I know somethings up the A/C won't just loose everything over night without a leak path of oil and what not. But maybe for a chance it evaporated. Ok refill the system. check for leaks. Seems to be holding. ok What ever. Next day go to use the AC. Nuttin WTF??? put my gauge on again. 20psi ok where did it all go?? I check al the connections no leaks checked the condesor for leaks nuttin. evaporator nuttin. ???? Where in gods name did it all go?? Bought some dye and a light. Surely I can see the dye. Well finally put the dye in last night. Worked great last night. Had A/C and it was Ice cold. Awesome. This morning go out and check it. Guess what.... 20 psi. So I get out my light and start tracking the system. I got nuttin. No dye in the engine compartment, nuttin on the condensor, nuttin near the links. Where else is there to check??? I'm not an A/C expert but there isn't that much in the A/C system is there??

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok well got the truck in today to have the AC looked at. I feel really REALLY Dumb. The whole problem with the thing.............. AIR!!!!!

There was freaking AIR in the system. Wouldn't ya know it. Something freaking simple that cost me 135 bucks. UGH!!!!!!!!! :shooter::killer::flame::flame::banghead: :banghead::banghead::Frustrated::Frustrated: :flamingdevil:

I think that covers the smileys. To add salt to injury one of my check valves was on backwards causing my blend door to freak out. Or so they said. UGH!!!! Oh well live and learn. I have ICE cold AC now. Guy said the inside gets to almost 60* while the outside is over 100* TEHE Wish I had that while in oklahoma.