Wheel bearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kboone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot
I doubt you'll find a more beat up truck as mine, that only had 124k miles on it but here goes. My front differential went out on me about 5 years ago, not having money I just removed the u joints and axle never to have the joys of 4 wheel drive again. Today on my way out to the deer woods my truck begins to wobble followed by a crash and my tire rolling away from me. I knew it was time to change that bearing I've been putting off(snapped 2 bolts off and pulled the other 3 lug nuts off. My question is since I don't have 4x4 do I need to take that big nut off and put it in the new one or cam I just throw it into the scrap metal also.

OP
OP
K

kboone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot
Yes you need to take it off and put it back on
Thank you but my job just got harder as now I need the whole steering knuckle

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kboone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot
Is that for the question or the state of condition of my truck because that's only have of the issues it's had

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Is that for the question or the state of condition of my truck because that's only have of the issues it's had

Why rush to fix it? Just wait for the rear to fall off too from negligence.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum

Your truck man. I thought mine was rough till you told about yours. Safety for others on the road should be taken into consideration. We don't care about ourselves but we should care about the family we could wipe out, or our own, due to our neglect of our trucks.

OP
OP
K

kboone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot
Honest up until a month or so ago the furthest it would travel is 4 miles on gravel. I new a bearing was bad a few weeks ago but assumed it was rear axle since I already replaced one side. And I was one gravel when it gave out thank God or I would have flipped or worse like you said.

OP
OP
K

kboone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot
That's only have the problem with the thing. My security system quit or wouldn't quit I could not start it the switch wasn't working. I could turn the key on but if I tried to start it it would kill the power and have to disconnect the battery. I bypassed it by running the starter wire to a push button. Since my truck sits most of the time it literally had moss growing on it. And my hand went completely trough the dash now I have no dash.oh yeah the windshield wiper switch quit working. so that also has a wire from the battery to a switch to turn on the driver side wiper(I don't have the passenger side). Think that's about it. My plan now is to give it a little tlc get 4x4 to work rebuild the dash with full set of toggles for everything power lights starter wipers ect. Like I said the motor just has 124k miles and runs great.