WOO I'm not offically a member, bought me a truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Sorry if I seem more enthusiastic than most people, I've been in Japan the last 3+ years and have finally returned to the states, land of trucks, beer, and english. They don't drive trucks, have real beer, or speak english in Japan. Not that you CAN'T find them in Japan but you just don't see it often, so much so we called a girl who spoke english a unicorn. So my glorious return I've bought myself a used '01 Ram 1500 SLT laramie extended cab 2wd, she isn't perfect but she's pretty. I move in 6 months so I'll be selling her in a handful of months but for now she's my baby!

truckpassengerside_zpsaaea7b8a.jpg

truckcab_zpsda8739ec.jpg

truckdriverside_zpsf44ab661.jpg

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Welcome to the addiction :D You wont want to let it go !

Nice truck man looks sharp! Love the rims!

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Welcome to the addiction :D You wont want to let it go !

Nice truck man looks sharp! Love the rims!

Thanks, me too on the rims, unfortunately I'm moving to hawaii, shipping would cost me almost as much as the truck. But I'll be looking into buying another when I get to hawaii.

Well damn auto-correct, that was suppose to be I am now offically a member not not...

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Welcome to RF!

You need to get out of moving.

Just sayin'. ;)

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's a damn nice truck for an '01. Someone took good care of it. Nice score.

On the moving, you military?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Come now, get out of moving to Hawaii? I just hope I can find a ram as nice for as good of a price there. Would love to find an even older truck though honestly.

lol I know.
You're not going to find a decent truck for cheap over there I would wager. The ones I've seen have been touched by rust and salt water. :angry94:

mumbles84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Nice truck wish mine was that clean i would pack it and take it with

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
That's a damn nice truck for an '01. Someone took good care of it. Nice score.

On the moving, you military?
Thanks, she is in pretty good shape for the most part, has a cracked dash cap and paint fading on the hood and roof a small hole in the drivers seat and passenger seat but really good shape otherwise, gives me hope that I'll be able to sell her and not take much of a loss if any.

Yup Navy, don't think too many people go from 3 years in Japan to 6 months in the states to moving to Hawaii, at least I hope not, its a bit stressful on the family.

lol I know.
You're not going to find a decent truck for cheap over there I would wager. The ones I've seen have been touched by rust and salt water. :angry94:

Yeah, I've seen a couple that people have shipped over from state side and sell but beyond that you're right. I'm tempted to look into shipping this one over. But I believe its like 1000-1500 to ship it, if I could get her shipped cheap it would be a no brainer.

Edit: this hurts my soul, just received a free quote on shipping from VA to HI $2,450 for open storage shipment.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
congrats on the truck

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yup Navy, don't think too many people go from 3 years in Japan to 6 months in the states to moving to Hawaii, at least I hope not, its a bit stressful on the family.

Edit: this hurts my soul, just received a free quote on shipping from VA to HI $2,450 for open storage shipment.

Well thank you for your service. I just finished 4yrs Active Duty AF, now playing the weekend warrior game.

If you're PCSing don't they pay to ship 1 vehicle? I know they did in the AF.

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Well thank you for your service. I just finished 4yrs Active Duty AF, now playing the weekend warrior game.

If you're PCSing don't they pay to ship 1 vehicle? I know they did in the AF.

Yeah, shipping the wife's car, she has a '12 Nissan versa, pos car, but still. Not only that but they won't pay to ship trucks, there is a size limit to what they'll pay to ship, I imagine you would have to pay the difference is the way they work it.