Yeret's Two-Week-Fixin'-Stuff-Up Blog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yeret

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The new throttle body has definitely surpassed my expectations. Wow, throttle response and acceleration in the low range have increase significantly. I dare say she's somewhat quick, LOL.

Unfortunately, I can't say how strong she really cruises at the moment. After taking it easy(ish) on the drive into town, I decided after everything seemed okay to let 'er eat a bit! This plan got railroaded when I discovered that the driver side brake caliper stuck shut on me. After about half a mile, the rotor was literally smoking hot. The irony is that I was heading to the parts store to pick up a pair of brake hoses, LOL.

Got it unstuck for now, but had to take the back roads to be safe. Damn caliper isn't even a year old, LOL.

OP
OP
Yeret

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I got it off eBay for $100. Shaved air horn, chamfered bores and straight 50mm punch (factory throttle body tapers down).

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's making them anymore as he's no longer a registered user.

OP
OP
Yeret

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well folks, this concludes my two-week fixin' stuff venture. Managed to iron out quite a few bugs, save a bunch of money and even make a couple improvements. The main things left are flush/fill/general service on the transmission, fixing the steering (clunks a lot at lower speeds) and then get started on some bodywork. Damn rust is starting to be an eyesore.

I asked my supervisor about taking a third "unapproved" week off. He would prefer that I didn't do that, LOL.

Thanks for viewing, all! Keep it between the ditches. :crazy: