4" Shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfbball01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 Magnum
I want to drop the rear of the truck 4" with hanger and shackle kit and drop the front 2" with springs. Would this make a difference with how the ride is? Any pros and cons I should know about?

MikesRammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Usually with dropping a vehicle it improves handling and body roll and you may see a slight increase in mileage since it's lower to the ground so more aero dynamic. I come from the ford boys so I'm not for sure how true this is with dodge but in gereral it should be the same. But you may need to get an alignment cause it could effect camber. Atleast it does with cut springs on old fords. But you should be fine.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The shackle / hanger part won't change your ride other than you'll hit the bump stops on nasty bumps.

with 2" coils upfront and factory shocks, it rode just like stock. I stepped up to nitro drop shocks, firmed up the ride, but the handling was downright amazing. Totally worth it.

I caution you on the shackle / hanglers. They are a total pain in the ass to install, and I think you'd be far happier with a flip kit in the rear. You can but a frame notch for about $150, and a set of spring perches for $25 from Summit / Jegs / Etc. You'll be far happier.

The "4"" rear drop is more like 3 at most, and just doesn't really look 'low' IMO. The flip kit is supposedly 6" and was more like 5". I did that and 3" coils upfront and loved the stance. IMO it's the way to go!