input to lowering the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juaco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Hi guys. I have a 98 ram 1500 2wd and i want to lower a lil bit on the rear. I was wondering if i run the differential over the leaf springs will it drop a lot or just a lil bit. This is my first truck ever. Dont know to much bout this stuff. Its completely stock. Here is a pic for references.

20140215_165532_zps8iq8xjqr.jpg

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi guys. I have a 98 ram 1500 2wd and i want to lower a lil bit on the rear. I was wondering if i run the differential over the leaf springs will it drop a lot or just a lil bit. This is my first truck ever. Dont know to much bout this stuff. Its completely stock. Here is a pic for references.

20140215_165532_zps8iq8xjqr.jpg

It will drop it a good bit not sure exactly how much, I had an 08 RCSB that i put the leafs under the axle and it dropped it a good amount, can't remember how much though

OP
OP
J

Juaco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I just want a more level look. But im afraid if i do that then it will be higher in the front lol. I work on Hondas a lot and go to junk yards to pick up motors and stuff. Its kinda hard to put something in the bed that high.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Moving the diff from under the leafs to on top of the leafs will drop it about 4", the diff tube is 3" in dia then add the new spring perch 1" for a total of 4" give or take a little bit.

OP
OP
J

Juaco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Moving the diff from under the leafs to on top of the leafs will drop it about 4", the diff tube is 3" in dia then add the new spring perch 1" for a total of 4" give or take a little bit.

If thats the case then i wont do it cuz i will be like a boat higher in the front than the back. What is a good suspension to use to lower it a lil????

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Cheap easy way was posted above 2" drop shackle.