lowering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slamram13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 magnum
Hi I'm new to the forum I have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 single cab with the v6 and a 5 speed. My question is what lowering kit can I use, I'm looking to go as low as I can with out bagging it. but all the kits I see say automatic trans only. Are there any out there for manual trans or will the other kits still work but need modification? Any help would be awesome thanks I've been looking around for weeks for a kit.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF!

Hopefully someone will chime in shortly for ya

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I believe they just catagorize it all as auto because that is common. I don't see where the kits would need anything special. Usually the kit has either springs or spindles and lower blocks in the rear.

johnmarks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
7.2l 440
alot of them say auto only because with the 5 speed your transmission support hangs to low for most kits when you go lower than a 2/4 drop you need to get a low profile transmission mount and you should be set

jmccullough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i don't believe there was a difference in suspension just the support like johnmarks said