2nd gen body lift shift linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Does anyone have a picture of the shift linkage they needed to weld when doing a 2-3" body lift?

DodgeHimRamHer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Does anyone have a picture of the shift linkage they needed to weld when doing a 2-3" body lift?

I just did the body lift. Your going to be taking the linkage off that runs close to the firewall, and has the adjuster on the bottom of it. If you need a picture i can go take one

DodgeHimRamHer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I just did the body lift. Your going to be taking the linkage off that runs close to the firewall, and has the adjuster on the bottom of it. If you need a picture i can go take one

On a side note: The peice that came with the kit, made my shift linkage so long that it hit the control arm mount. so i only added in maybe 1 - 1.25" total to my linkage

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
i know which piece that comes off. i was just wondering if you weld a piece to the end of it? or do you cut the linkage and weld the piece into the middle of it.

DodgeHimRamHer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
if you can take a picture that would be great.

I cut mine above where the adjuster is, in the straighter part of the linkage. Sorry for the pic angle but standing on a ladder and leaning over is a pain lol

Attachments

• linkageram.jpg
    linkageram.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 231

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I know this is an old topic but when I did my 3" BL I extended that rod as people say to do. I never looked first. Just popped it off and welded it and went to install it and that is when I noticed.....
From the column to the lower mount there is no need to lengthen that rod as the mount is attached to the body. Lengthening it does nothing.
ON MY 01.
There is a rod that runs from that mount to the mount on the transmission that ends up becoming angled sideways instead of level. No issue there.

On my 01, ABSOLUTELY NO MODIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT LINKAGE.

A small adjustment on the T-Case linkage and Rock N Roll.