2nd gen leveling kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I've got a 1997 ram 1500 and I bought a rough country leveling/lift kit, it brings the front up 2.5 inches and the back up 2 inches. I know that the kit won't level it very much so if I replaced the front coil spacers with 3 or 4 inch ones would it work just fine, or would I need to change anything?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
97_ram

97_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
This is the leveling kit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 107

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would need an adjustable track bar set up for sure and probably some drop sway bars as well. I would also start worrying about control arm length then too but you may be ok with just 4in of lift

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I wouldn't recommend going above a 2.5" or 3" spacer...

I would also by from a reputable company and not some random ebay/amazon. Just my opinion though

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2.5" max before things need to be changed. 3" requires an adjustable track bar, 4"+ you'll need appropriate length control arms, track bar and sway bar drops, longer front shocks and a pitman arm drop. You'll also need to raise the rear to stay level..

I would definitely NOT run a 4" spacer, that just seems sketchy to me. You could get away with a 3" on stock but expect the front end to be a little funky.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Any time you lift I recommend all new shocks. With a 3" lift you can get a small track bar bracket that attaches to the axle side of the track bar that is good for 2-3" lifts but I would recommend getting a new track bar if you do lift it at all.

The track bar bracket is a total b**** to get on because you have to drill and drill perfectly straight/level but it's only about $30 vs $300 plus for an adjustable track bar.

I would recommend get tall coils that will lift the truck 3"s like skyjacker D30 (I wish I had done this)

Sway bar drop isn't needed (from my experience) till you get over 3"s. Same with control arms but longer ones would help in centering the wheel in the wheel well and improve the ride

Pima arm drop isn't needed till over 3"s because there is plently of adjustment in the steering linkage to a compensate for lifts 3" and under

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Would advise towards steel powdercoated spacers, I've heard of rubber and poly spacers breaking down if they aren't top quality